cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Typescript supported OGM for Neo4J

Are there any supported OGMs that play nice with ts and frameworks like NestJs or Adonis. Most of the existing libraries i have seen are either unsupported or doesnt play nice with ts

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @JMW ,

Neo4j does not yet have an officially supported OGM for Typescript/Javascript. There is some work-in-progress that related to neo4j/graphql which could be worth checking out: https://github.com/neo4j/graphql/tree/master/packages/graphql#ogm

Also, I think Drivine is a pretty good fit for use with nestjs that plays nicely with Typescript. @jasperblues visits here so you could reach out to learn more if you'd like.

Best,
ABK

Feel free to post any questions about Drivine on the github repo @JMW !!

Note that it is not an OGM in the traditional sense:

• Traditional OGM takes a single set of domain entities and generates queries for many use-cases.
  • Drivine encourages use-case specific queries, and provides the infrastructure to have a clean architecture and remove boiler-plate code. It allows using common design patterns (repositories, declarative txns, etc) in order to have clarity and maintainability. The actual mapping layer is (intentionally) light-weight.

I created it for use in high-traffic applications that have a lot of custom queries and where GraphQL (say with GrandStack) wouldn't be the ideal fit.

Thanks @abk for the response, I will look into them, just realised that the github link is dead or private, right ?

Apologies, you are correct. The neo4j/graphql work is still in early alpha, not yet publicly released.

-ABK

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online