cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Where is <neo4j-home>?

I am trying to locate where tools such as neo4j-admin,cypher-shell and the documentation keeps saying these tools are located in the the bin directory. So i try to locate this directory on my machine and the best documentation i can find about this is here:

file-locations

It link above keeps referring to ... i cannot find where neo4j-home is...

when i run the neo4j desktop app i see that it runs in C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop.. but inside this directory structure there is no bin folder.

any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

ameyasoft
Graph Maven

neo4j-home is your installation directory: C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop.

You can find bin folder in C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\neo4jDatabases\database-xxxxx\installation-3.5.0\bin

Here database-xxxxx is the name of your database that you created.

I have the same question, but for a Linux machine. I have installed Neo4j Desktop.

Anyone figure this out? I can't seem to figure out where it is either. Checked all my typical paths and nada.

For questions on where to find this when you're using Neo4j Desktop, the good news is there should be a way to open up the directory via Desktop itself.

Find the database entry whose home directory you want to open, and you should see a ... right after the Open button. Clicking on that should open up a dropdown, and one of the entries is Open folder which expands the dropdown, and the top entry there is DBMS. This will open the home directory for this dbms instance.

If you're looking for how to get there in your terminal, from the ... dropdown there should be a Terminal option, which should open your terminal to the dbms's home directory.

Thank you very much, you're right. I find the $neo4j-home path。

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online