cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Impossible to install plugins in neo4j Desktop - Invalid URL: --allow-file-access-from-files

abarkova
Node Link

Hello everyone,

I try to install the neosemantics plugin (or any plugin in fact) on neo4j desktop from the Graph Apps Gallery and I get this error:

When I go to the Log file, I get this:

[2021-11-15 16:30:04.955] [error] Protocol Manager error TypeError [ERR_INVALID_URL]: Invalid URL: --allow-file-access-from-files
    at onParseError (internal/url.js:259:9)
    at new URL (internal/url.js:335:5)
    at t.default (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:201924)
    at App.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:231481)
    at App.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at App.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)
    at App.emitter.emit (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@sentry\electron\dist\main\integrations\electron.js:63:25)

I then tried to install the plugin from the downloaded .jar file and I got this error:

[2021-11-15 16:37:33.221] [error] Graph app installation failed Error: Refusing to create a directory outside the output path.
    at C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\node_modules\decompress\index.js:30:12
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async Promise.all (index 0)
    at async f.addGraphApp (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:74774)
    at async C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:45770

I am already familiar with this issue but none of the provided answers resolved my problem.

Technical details:
neo4j Desktop version: 1.4.9
neosemantics plugin version: 4.3.0.1

Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Anastasia

3 REPLIES 3

mbandor
Graph Voyager

I have the same issue. I ended up using the link for the plug in and doing a manual installation from the main Desktop screen. That got me past that error and allowed the plug in to be installed.

Hello @mbandor ,
Thank you for your reply.
I tried to do that and it didn't work 😞 I copied this link: https://github.com/neo4j-labs/neosemantics/releases/download/4.3.0.1/neosemantics-4.3.0.1.jar and pasted it in the Install section.
Here is the error that I get, still the same one on the output path:

[2021-11-17 10:11:02.027] [error] Graph app installation failed Error: Refusing to create a directory outside the output path.
    at C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\node_modules\decompress\index.js:30:12
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async Promise.all (index 0)
    at async f.addGraphApp (C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:74774)
    at async C:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:45770

Try this link for a manual installation: https://registry.npmjs.org/@graphapps/neosemantics