cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4j Desktop shows wrong database in window title

Reiner
Graph Buddy

I use Neo4j Desktop 1.1.8 and when I switch between our test and productive databases, there is the wrong database name stated in the query window title. It seems that always the last used database name is written in the title, not the actually connected database - this is very confusing and extremely dangerous!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just got the following quote from the Desktop team

This bug should be fixed in the Canary build and in the new Desktop version (1.1.9), that will be released soon

Regards,
Tom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Greetings,

Thank you for your report !

I'm trying to reproduce what you are experiencing but I don't follow 100% (as I don't quite get what you mean with Query Window). Can you share a screenshot ?

Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,

to reproduce, you need at least 2 databases in your project. Then active the first and click on "Open Browser". Now close the browser window, active the second database and cilck on "Open Browser" for the second database. While now correctly connected to the second database, you will see the name of the first database in the title of the browser window (I'm using Chrome on Windows)

Just tried after restart: even at the first time the browser windows opens, it show the wrong db-name.

Best
Reiner

Hello Reiner,

I think I see what you mean. The connection string at the top of the Neo4j Browser (which is neither Chrome or Firefox btw, it's an internal Chrome based App in the Desktop) is wrong, isn't it ?
1X_04c11c5398f0dab2cdcdc29947bc4443a45041e8.png

I've got one with an IP and one with localhost and indeed if I swap between them it'll keep the first one I tried ... Is that what you are observing too ? I'll log it as a bug to the Desktop team then !

Regards,
Tom

Reiner
Graph Buddy

Hi Tom,

yes, exactly. So you might think you are on your test-db while deleting nodes in your production db...

Thanks
Reiner

Logged it as a bug with the Desktop team (and should be fixed soon) ... thank you again for reporting !

Regards,
Tom

I just got the following quote from the Desktop team

This bug should be fixed in the Canary build and in the new Desktop version (1.1.9), that will be released soon

Regards,
Tom