cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Unable to Restart DB using cypher-shell due routing table/DB unavailability

dg_22
Node Clone

Hi, I have a neo4j DB running on a Amazon EC2 instance I was attempting to take dump file of it. I SSH into the instance running the DB and used cypher-shell to shut down the DB in order to take the dump file using the following commands

# open cypher-shell 

cypher-shell 
username - myusername
password - mypassword

# get on system database 
:use system 
# Stop db from running 
STOP DATABASE db_name;

However I accidentally exited from the shell in order to take the dump file (this should have actually been done in a separate window) 

When I tried to get back into cypher-shell in order to start the instance again I get the following message:

Unable to get a routing table for database 'mydb' because this database is unavailable

How can I restart this DB preferably from the command line?

I tried to find the log files using journalctl --unit=neo4j but it returns no entries. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dg_22 

version of Neo4j in play here?

if you connect / start cypher-shell with -

cypher-shell -d system

thus forcing the connection to system does this connect?   if not try connecting with -a bolt://<ip address of Neo4j Server>:7687

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@dg_22 

version of Neo4j in play here?

if you connect / start cypher-shell with -

cypher-shell -d system

thus forcing the connection to system does this connect?   if not try connecting with -a bolt://<ip address of Neo4j Server>:7687

Yes connecting through system then allowed me to start that database. Thank you very much!