cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Deployment and license

Hi,

We just got accepted (thanks a lot Neo4J people!) into the startup program. In that regard I have received an enterprise license. I have setup an Azure VM and installed Neo4J Enterprise server (via. neo4j console command). This all works fine and it seems that I indeed have the enterprise features such as adding new databases and whatnot. 

However, I have no idea how to apply my license?! I can see that there is a licenses folder, but other than that I can't find documentation or posts on this forum that says how to "activate" my installation. 

I just want to make sure that I don't do anything I'm not supposed and also that my database don't suddenly stops working due to licensing issues. 

Hope someone can help!

Kind regards,
Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @PeterNSkovgaard - have a read of this similar question https://community.neo4j.com/t5/about-the-community/neo4j-enterprise-edition-license/ta-p/44383

Welcome to the programme!

Thanks Steggy

So to make sure I understand correctly; for now it is a "trust-based" license as far as the database is concerned (currently running self-hosted on Azure server), and if I wish to continue to use eg. Neo4J desktop to view my dbs then I have to add my license in here.

That is totally fair, though I wish there was some "official" statement on this as our customers definitely is going to want some information about it. 

SLothary
Node Link

if i login to the startup program and click on the enterprise license, then there is a loading spinner, that it not stopping. So where do i get the license key to add to my desktop?