cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4j Enterprise deploy issue (ServiceUnavailable: WebSocket connection failure)

alexander
Node Link

I have an issue with accessing my Neo4j instance after deployment on Azure after following this guide: https://neo4j.com/docs/operations-manual/current/cloud-deployments/neo4j-azure/single-instance-azure...

Summary error message when attempting to sign in:

ServiceUnavailable: WebSocket connection failure. Due to security constraints in your web browser, the reason for the failure is not available to this Neo4j Driver. Please use your browsers development console to determine the root cause of the failure. Common reasons include the database being unavailable, using the wrong connection URL or temporary network problems. If you have enabled encryption, ensure your browser is configured to trust the certificate Neo4j is configured to use. WebSocket `readyState` is: 3

The full steps I have used to reach this error:

Step#1: Search for Neo4j Enterprise Edition  on Azure Marketplace

neo4j-debug-01.png

Step#2: Configure the basic VM settings

neo4j-debug-02.png

Step#3: Configure the Neo4j settings

neo4j-debug-03.png

Step#4: Overview of the configuration, validation passed, and finally create the instnace

neo4j-debug-04.png

Step#5-6: Deployment successful, I into the "nodes" resource to find the IP

neo4j-debug-05.png

neo4j-debug-06.png

Step#7: Bypass the SSL security issue (as written in the documentation)

Navigate to https://[MY_Azure_IP]:7473 and log in with the username neo4j and password neo4j. You will be prompted to change the password immediately.

Because you do not have a hostname or a valid SSL certificate configured by default, your browser will warn you that the certificate is not trusted. You can configure the certificate later.

Source: Neo4j standalone instance (VM-based) - Access your new instance 

neo4j-debug-07.png

Step#8: Use the default login settings "username: neo4j password: neo4j" 

neo4j-debug-08.png

The full response error message from the image above:

ServiceUnavailable: WebSocket connection failure. Due to security constraints in your web browser, the reason for the failure is not available to this Neo4j Driver. Please use your browsers development console to determine the root cause of the failure. Common reasons include the database being unavailable, using the wrong connection URL or temporary network problems. If you have enabled encryption, ensure your browser is configured to trust the certificate Neo4j is configured to use. WebSocket `readyState` is: 3

I also attempted to manually SSH into the virtual machine and login directly with the default credentials. However, when I attempt to run "/bin/cypher-shell -u neo4j -p neo4j". I get the response "The Client Is Unauthorised Due To Authentication Failure" which would indicate that the disk image by someone responsible at Neo4j must have made some mistake when creating the new image. No tutorial exists that matches the new Azure UI. This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySTbWaVhVpA)  from 1 year ago does not reflect how Neo4j is deployed today on Azure (Previously to load a VM image, now it is through a deploy script).

I would like to ask any viewer working on Neo4j to verify that someone can actually use the Image file from Azure to create new Neo4j instances, because I have read all old manuals and articles but none matches the current system. I have even attempted to edit files myself but due to the nature of the deployment have no authorization to edit any config files when I SSH in.

3 REPLIES 3

Hey Alexander, you should use the Admin Password you have created when configuring your instance and not the default neo4j.

anthapu
Graph Fellow

neo4j+s and bolt+s are failing because the certificate validation. They are strict with certificate validation. Can you try bolt+ssc or neo4h+ssc protocol and try logging in? 

The Neo4j template on Azure Marketplace has been updated recently, as well as the docs - https://neo4j.com/docs/operations-manual/current/cloud-deployments/neo4j-azure/. So please, try again to deploy Neo4j and log in using the Admin Password you specify when configuring your instance.