cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Upgrade of DB never completes

andy_hegedus
Graph Fellow

Hi,

I am trying to resolve an issue with upgrading GDS to version 2.1  I have a database with version 4.4.5 which should be compatible but is not showing so.  In the past I have had to upgrade the database version for the latest version of GDS to show up.  In that vein, I am tried to upgrade from 4.4.5 to 4.4.6. The database is large 400K nodes and 1.7M relationships, but not extremely.  Upon requesting the upgrade the progress stalls at "This might take a long time" window, but I have left it for several hours without completion.  What would be a reasonable amount of time to expect completion?

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I recall having this issue a while back.  I removed the plugins from the folder it worked.  Maybe you will have the same experience. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It should upgrade in a few seconds, can you check debug.log if there is any error message?

I presume this is in desktop?

andy_hegedus
Graph Fellow

Hi,

Tried again and let it go for 30 min. and never completed. I terminated by quitting Neo4J Desktop (Mac).

I checked the logs and there are no error messages.

Andy

I recall having this issue a while back.  I removed the plugins from the folder it worked.  Maybe you will have the same experience. 

andy_hegedus
Graph Fellow

That did the trick.

I uninstalled APOC and GDS and then the upgrade worked.

Upon reinstalling GDS it also showed the latest version which was the ultimate objective.

Andy