cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Starting Neo4j Enterprise 4.0 after update from repo on Fedora30 64bit fails because of Java version

omerule
Graph Buddy

Good evening,
On Fedora 30 64bit i did a dnf update, during this update from the repo Neo4j enterprise is updated to 4.0.
I removed the Plugins (algo and apoc 3.5) and did #sudo systemctl restart neo4j.
But neo4j won't start #journalctl says Neo4j cant be started using java version 1.8.0...
#use Oracle Java 11, OpenJDK 11.
So i did #sudo dnf install java-11-openjdk
Then i got ... already installed.

What can i do?

Yours kindly,
Omer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

omerule
Graph Buddy

With the installation there is a conf file included: /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf.rpmnew
This is the file which belongs to 4.0 version.
After mv the current file in $mv sudo /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf.old
and
renamed $sudo mv /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf.rpmnew /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf.
After this the server starts again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I suspect you have both JDK 8 and JDK 11 installed. Make sure that JDK 11 is the default JDK on your system. I don't know about Fedora - but on Ubuntu you could use update-java-alternatives for this.

omerule
Graph Buddy

Thank you for the reply.
Indeed on Fedora, you can change the "default" Java version with:
$sudo alternatives --config java.
When starting the server, it is not complaining about Java version anymore.
But now I get errors about my configurations file.

Is there a "default" config file I can download for Neo4j 4.0 to replace the current one in Use?
Yours kindly
Omer

omerule
Graph Buddy

With the installation there is a conf file included: /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf.rpmnew
This is the file which belongs to 4.0 version.
After mv the current file in $mv sudo /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf.old
and
renamed $sudo mv /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf.rpmnew /etc/neo4j/neo4j.conf.
After this the server starts again.