cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Proper syntax to obtain information from http-api?

Gosforth
Graph Buddy

In Neo4j browser I run command to search for product:

CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes("ProductNameIndex", "product_name: some product") YIELD node, score
RETURN node.product_name, score

It works.
So I want to execute this command to http api (Query format - HTTP API). According the doc it should be:

{"statements": [{"statement": "CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes("ProductNameIndex", $prod_desc_param) YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12","parameters": {"prod_desc_param": {"product_name": "Some product"}}}]}

It does not work: "Could not parse the incoming JSON"
Looks correct.
What I'm doing wrong?
Regards

10 REPLIES 10

using https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ and entering

{"statements": [{"statement": "CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes("ProductNameIndex", $prod_desc_param) YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12","parameters": {"prod_desc_param": {"product_name": "Some product"}}}]}

will also report unable to parse the json

However there's no indication of Neo4j version but as tested using Neo4j version 4.2.1 and https://www.postman.com/ so as to submit the statement, if I modify to

{"statements": [{"statement": "CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes(\"ProductNameIndex\", \" product name: $prod_desc_param.product_name \") YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12","parameters": {"prod_desc_param": {"product_name": "Some product"}}}]}

the the Neo4j Servers logs\query.log indicates the query was parsed thru the HTTP API as

2021-02-18 17:52:15.558+0000 INFO  id:22 - 1844 ms: 72 B - server-session       http    192.168.86.21   /db/neo4j/tx    neo4j -  - CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes("ProductNameIndex", " product name: $prod_desc_param.product_name ") YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12 - {prod_desc_param: {product_name: 'Some product'}} - runtime=pipelined - {}

Thank you.
Your code is not working for me

According the doc it should be:

{"statements": [{"statement": "CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes(\"ProductNameIndex\", $prod_desc_param) YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12","parameters": {"prod_desc_param": {"product_name": "Some product"}}}]}

But same, no result

Your code is not working for me

???? how so? You get an error? You get unexpected results? it hangs?

According the doc

do you have a specific doc reference?

It says: "Could not parse the incoming JSON"

I'm sending this to server:7474/db/neo4j/tx/commit

i did a copy-n-paste of your

{"statements": [{"statement": "CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes(\"ProductNameIndex\", $prod_desc_param) YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12","parameters": {"prod_desc_param": {"product_name": "Some product"}}}]}

as is and ran it through JSON Formatter & Validator and it indicated all was well.

but when using Postman and sending your statement to localhost:7474/db/neo4j/txn I received error message

"errors": [
        {
            "code": "Neo.ClientError.Statement.SyntaxError",
            "message": "Type mismatch for parameter 'prod_desc_param': expected String but was Map, Node or Relationship (line 1, column 55 (offset: 54))\n\"CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes(\"ProductNameIndex\", $prod_desc_param) YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12\"\n                                                       ^"
        }

note this body is not the same as my initial post as to how to address.

But also how are you sending the request? via curl or some other rest client? ???

Im using Pentaho PDI. It replays "Could not parse the incoming JSON" when I send this JSON:

{"statements": [{"statement": "CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes(\"ProductNameIndex\", \" product_name: $prod_desc_param.product_name \") YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12","parameters": {"prod_desc_param": {"product_name": "Some product"}}}]}

But in Postman it returns emply array:

{
    "results": [
        {
            "columns": [
                "node.product_name",
                "product_id",
                "score"
            ],
            "data": []
        }
    ],
    "errors": []
}

When I correct it to:

{"statements": [{"statement": "CALL db.index.fulltext.queryNodes(\"ProductNameIndex\", \"product_name: some product \") YIELD node, score RETURN node.product_name, node.product_id AS product_id, score LIMIT 12","parameters": {"prod_desc_param": {"product_name": "some product"}}}]}`

It works.
So API is not able to read array {"product_name": "some product"}

and if you dont submit with the "parameters" but rather simply hard code do you get expected results?

Yes, it works. But it was working for me before. I started this subject because I expeced that 'paramters' will give me possibility to escape characters automatically (', , "...).
Now I have to convert search string with my own functions.