cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Params on neovis.js

Hello,
I wonder if it is possible in NeoVis to include $param in the initial cypher query something like this:

MATCH (p) WHERE id(p)=toInteger($idParam1) RETURN (n), {
idParam1: id1
}
To fetch the variable id of my web app.
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello arturo,
NeoVis does NOT accept params, or better the Javascript driver (neo4j-web.js) doesn't. The params are usable only in the Neo4j-Browser. But you can emulate params by simply using a node label, like (n:param), giving it your value:
merge (n:param{value:25}) with n.value as idParam1 MATCH (p) WHERE id(p)=toInteger(idParam1) RETURN p
Use merge to be able to reuse the node, you could even preset all your possible params and call them by adequate matches.
BTW, I use NeoVis with my own Javascript code to display also images in the direct neighbourhood of my ontology of 12000-nodes
bye

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello arturo,
NeoVis does NOT accept params, or better the Javascript driver (neo4j-web.js) doesn't. The params are usable only in the Neo4j-Browser. But you can emulate params by simply using a node label, like (n:param), giving it your value:
merge (n:param{value:25}) with n.value as idParam1 MATCH (p) WHERE id(p)=toInteger(idParam1) RETURN p
Use merge to be able to reuse the node, you could even preset all your possible params and call them by adequate matches.
BTW, I use NeoVis with my own Javascript code to display also images in the direct neighbourhood of my ontology of 12000-nodes
bye

Thank you, Irler! This is very helpful.
What you mentioned about on own Javascript sounds very good, but my Javascript skills are not so advance to do it.
Nevertheless I want to take advantages of this opportunity to ask you how I can affect the "pop-up" displayed with neovis. It would be nice to change the format, add an images o maybe hide some data too.

Thank you in advance

Arturo,
you should:

1. include events.js from some example, look for CompletionEvent = 'completed';
  2. viz = new NeoVis(config0);
  3. viz.registerOnEvent('completed', render_completed);
  4. in function render_completed(param), call function format(param)
  5. in format(param): ... viz._data.nodes.getDataSet().forEach(item => {
    let node=format_node({node:item});...
  6. in format_node(param) you can change param.node properties as you like (if(node.shape==="image"... etc)
  7. you should examine visjs parameters, since now it's only visjs
    BTW, I use frequent console.log(..) to control, and then the browser console
    hope that helps, good luck
    WJI