cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Not able to get my data

verachkaverachk
Graph Buddy

Hello 🙂

I've encountered a problem I hope you could help me with.

I've created the following graph:

verachkaverachk_0-1657532617784.png

and wanted to succeed  get my data with the following query that works for sure

MATCH p=(n:SubGraphInstance)-[*]-()
WHERE n.name= "MyGraph"
RETURN p

it worked until I've added another orange node that had properties(green blue ,red, and the beige that connect this orange node to another orange node in the big graph.
when I run the query it shows me that it thinks and then I get an error of "out of memory"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'll try! thank you so much for your help, i'll let you know if it worked

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are these new orange and beige nodes hanging off of your subgraph, or do they join your subgraph to another 'big graph'? I can see the issue occurring with the later case, but not with the former case. 

Unless you want all the individual paths, you may want to try one of the APOC path procedures to get you all the nodes and relationships over your subgraph.

https://neo4j.com/labs/apoc/4.1/overview/apoc.path/

when the new orange and beige nodes(all the nodes i've marked) join to the big graph the query doesn't give me the data 😕 

verachkaverachk_0-1657547851325.png

All the paths that traverse through nodes 1.6. and 1.8, now can extend into the new nodes. These nodes have multiple paths through them, so you have increased the number of total paths. Maybe you have reached the limits of your memory to track all the paths. I suggest you increase your JVM'S heap size to see if that helps. 

I'll try! thank you so much for your help, i'll let you know if it worked