cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4J Desktop load local CSV file issue

Hello! Could someone help preserve my sanity and help me with this issue please? Have wasted a couple of days on it so far.
I do not seem capable of uploading simple CSV files from the local import directory within Neo4J. I have tried multiple times referencing the many examples on the Neo4J site and elsewhere but always get a response similar to the screen grab or Neo.ClientError.Statement.SyntaxError - none of which are helpful. I have checked neo4j.config etc but to no avail. I know this is a stupid trivial error but I just dont know what it is
The only success I have had is loading http files from the no4j site.
cheers, Mark

OS X 10.13.6
Chrome 79.0
Neo4J Desktop 1.1.22
MacPro 32Gb

4 REPLIES 4

krisgeus
Node Clone

Well there is this strange single quote in front of the file name ('entities.csv). Is th ename really containing that single quote??

I guess your Load command should be

LOAD CSV WITH HEADERS FROM "entities.csv"

Hello Kris!
Thanks for your comment. I have tried single quotes, double quotes and even 'tick marks' and it seems to make no difference. What is interesting is that your example does not include the file:/// prefix.
Mark

Well that might be my laziness ;-).
But none the less you are usng both doublequotes and a single quote in your screenshot.
So remove the single quote and you are ok I think

Fixed! You are a star Kris! Very sloppy on my part, this works fine.
LOAD CSV WITH HEADERS FROM "file:///entities.csv" AS line
RETURN *

Sanity restored!
Many thanks from a wet and chilly London,
Mark