cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4j Charts opens with just a blank screen

I am using Neo4j Desktop 1.4.3 on a Windows 10 laptop with the latest version of Neo4j Charts installed. I have a 4.2.3 graph with the APOC plugin installed. When I try and open Neo4j Charts I just get a blank white screen with nothing on it except the standard Neo4j Desktop menu items (File, Edit, View etc.). When it initially opens the body of the screen is dark grey with a spinning loading wheel, but that goes after a few seconds to just leave the blank white page. All the other Graph Apps that I have installed (Browser, Bloom, Graphlytic, ETL Tool) open and run fine.

I tried to reinstall Charts from the Graph Apps Library but it told me it was already installed.

Any assistance to get Charts working would be gratefully received....I'm really keen to use it!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @marktaylor575

My environment is not the same as yours, but I hope this helps.

macOS Big Sur
Neo4j Desktop 1.4.3
Neo4j 4.2.2

First, I chose the pulldown at "Open".

Like you, I got the dark grey screen with a spinning loading wheel.
Then I selected "Chart" from the graph apps on the left and it worked.

Then I the pulldown at "Open" and it worked.

Hi Koji,
Thanks for taking the time to respond (including screenshots) - I really appreciate it. Unfortunately the workaround procedure you outlined doesn't work for me, so I'm still stuck. I did notice that for a fraction of a second between the grey spinning wheel screen and the blank white screen I very briefly glimpse the lilac circular Charts logo in the centre of the screen...but as I say, it is only for a split second and then the blank screen of nothingness replaces it!

Thanks for trying to help me though!
Mark

Hi @marktaylor575

I changed my env from macOS to WindowsOS.

Windows 10 Pro, 1909, 64bit, 4GB
Neo4j Desktop 1.4.3

The Charts works fine.
I think I need some kind of debugger.