cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4j Aura on GCP - Financial Use Cases and Pricing

I am trying to choose between databases on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for my financial / trading app and have questions about how suitable Neo4j is for my use case and what I can expect in terms of pricing. Basically, I am trying to assess that Neo4j is the right technology before I invest my time and money in it.

My use case:
I am looking to store various kinds of market data about different types of financial securities. This data is in the form of strings, integers and floats and include:

• Security fundamentals (e.g. earnings, analyst ratings etc. - very similar to this: https://eodhistoricaldata.com/api/fundamentals/AAPL.US?api_token=demo)
  • Security prices (time series data of equities, options, forex etc.)
  • Financial news data (i.e. news articles relating to various securities or market events)
  • Other alternative unstructured data, such as sentiment data

My business is analysing the above data and providing insights to my customers about individual securities. Many insights will be provided by performing various calculations on the data, but, in the future, I hope to uncover other hidden relationships with the help of Neo4j that set my product apart from competitors. That is the reason I am looking into Graph Technologies.

I know beforehand that these different data are connected by at least their:

• Symbol (e.g. AAPL for Apple or TSLA for Tesla)
  • Listing country
  • Financial Exchange (E.g. NYSE, NASDAQ)

I would be very interested to read about similar use cases (even if they are not related to finance or trading per se).

Pricing:
How does storing and reading data on Neo4j Aura compare to other cloud solutions on GCP, such as MongoDB, BigTable etc. in terms of price? Again, would it be more beneficial from a pricing perspective to serve the data from elsewhere?

Where can I read more about Neo4j pricing on GCP and the definition of the below table:

LongBear_1-1670709857501.png

Generally speaking, I estimate my numbers to be along these lines:

• Between 2,4 - 9,6 million requests per month
  • Between 1800 GB and 4800 GB of data read per month
  • ~100 GBs of stored data at any given time
1 REPLY 1

Neo4jTeam_AI
Neo4j
Neo4j

Hi LongBear,

Thanks so much for posting on our community forum! We're happy to get all your licensing questions answered and assist with your initial evaluation of Neo4j. Please send me an email adam.isseks@neo4j.com with a few available (dates and times, company name, current time zone) and I can coordinate an introduction call for you and our engineers. 

All the best,

Adam

Adam Isseks 

Strategic Accounts, West / Central 

Neo4j, Inc.

Direct: 213.267.6244

adam.isseks@neo4j.com

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamisseks/

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online