cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo.ClientError.Procedure.ProcedureCallFailed: Failed to invoke procedure `apoc.load.json

Error
Neo.ClientError.Procedure.ProcedureCallFailed: Failed to invoke procedure apoc.load.json: Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unrecognized token 'topic_key': was expecting 'null', 'true', 'false' or NaN at [Source: (apoc.export.util.CountingInputStream); line: 1, column: 11]

Statement

<call apoc.load.json('file:///cred_event_TurkRatings.data') yield value
return value
limit 5>

Problem:

1. I try to load json file stored in the import file to neo4j desktop by apoc.load.json
  2. It keeps failing to invoke procedure 'apoc.load.json', where I cannot figure out anything wrong. I am really wanna dying in the water.
  3. But it works well if I load some json data from API url.
    The apoc.version is 3.5.01.

What can I do now to fix this problem?

I have enabled the settings in the configuration.
apoc.import.file.enabled=true
apoc.import.file.use_neo4j_config=true
dbms.security.allow_csv_import_from_file_urls=true

6 REPLIES 6

You can provide the full path or use the config option:

If you put it into the import directory then enable this in your config.

apoc.import.file.use_neo4j_config=true

Enable reading properties: dbms.directories.import , dbms.security.allow_csv_import_from_file_urls

hi, michael,
thank you very much for your reply.
I have enabled these command in the configuration. I have even tried to use the full path. But it still failed.
Moreover, I tried to load csv data by using apoc.load.csv, it cannot work either, which can be loaded successfully by < load csv from...> provided by cypher.

Hi @keelong the apoc.load.csv has the following signature:
CALL apoc.load.csv('url',{config}) YIELD lineNo, list, strings, map, stringMap so you can invoke it in the following way:

CALL apoc.load.csv('file:///desktop-csv-import/orders.csv') YIELD lineNo, list, strings, map, stringMap

you can also yield a specific value, i.e.:

CALL apoc.load.csv('file:///desktop-csv-import/orders.csv') YIELD map which returns a map of values

About the apoc.load.json, the input seems not to be a valid json; just to be sure can you try to validate it with this online service?

Which OS are you running?
And where exactly did you put your file.

How and where can I enable the config and the reading properties?