cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Modeling a CRM integration

I'm creating a model of an email marketing domain, and that seems to be pretty solid (thanks to the great O'Reilly book!)... but now I have been asked to integrate a CRM system's content... so my question is how to model the entity "Person" between the two systems. Should there be separate CRM-Person and Email-Marketing-Person entities, or should the CRM attributes be added to the Email-Marketing-Person node? I can see some advantages to having them separate (the relationships are more specific to the domain) but I am also coming from a relational background where duplicating entities is heresy so I would lean towards putting all the attributes associated with a person in one node, and then just creating an "exists in CRM system" attribute to enable reporting. Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

MuddyBootsCode
Graph Steward

Do you have a diagram? like the ones from here? It will probably help to see how you've diagrammed the problem. But initially I think you'd be fine
just having one person and then having different types of relationships from your email and CRM.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online