cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Migrate/Upgrade from 3.4.7

I'm returning to a Neo4j project after a couple of years. I am running Community Edition 3.4.7 on MacOS and want to get to the latest version, while updating & preserving my databases. I understand I will need to do several steps of Migrate and Upgrade.

First step seems to be:

The URL for that document Upgrade - Operations Manual returns 504 gateway timeout. Is it available elsewhere?

1 REPLY 1

I seem to have made some progress.

• Used neo4j-admin dump in 3.4.7 to dump my 5 DBs to files.

• Installed the latest version, 4.4.3. It says I'm runnind Enterprise version, not Community.

• Used File > Import to load and upgrade one of the dump files. Chose 4.4.3, not expecting it to work, because of needing to go in steps. Sure enough, it compelted but won't run.

• Used File > Import to load and upgrade. Chose 3.5.17. Worked, opened in Browser and my data's there.

• Upgraded DB to 4.0.12. Failed with error "Initialization error: Error: Minified React error #310". DB shows it's 4.0.12, it starts, but it's empty.

• Try again from dump file. 3.5.17, then lowest next version 4.0.2. Same React error, DB starts, my data is there.

• Upgrade to lowest next version, 4.1.0. Upgrade succeed, but does not like the stored password. Browser won't accept the password either. Used Reset Password, still the Start and the Browser will not accept what I set.

Are there known bugs with certain upgrades? Which paths are known to be the best?

I'll try more upgrade combinations later.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online