cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Logs showing progress of an algorithm

I am running a centrality algorithm on a graph projection with the code:
gds.alpha.closeness.stream("my-graph")

While it runs, I get logs like:
2021-02-25 16:58:59.197+0000 INFO [gds-4] MSClosenessCentrality 37%
in the terminal. This percentages grow and decrease the whole time, so I'm not sure of its meaning. Is there any way to follow up the progress of an algorithm? Or to estimate how long it will take?
Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We currently print progress to the debug log, but what I think you're seeing is the progress of each individual thread (default concurrency is 4) in closeness centrality, as well as logging for different stages (reading the graph, calculating the result, writing the result).

We don't offer time estimates - it's highly dependent on your hardware and unique graph structure - but we do plan on improving progress logging in future releases.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

We currently print progress to the debug log, but what I think you're seeing is the progress of each individual thread (default concurrency is 4) in closeness centrality, as well as logging for different stages (reading the graph, calculating the result, writing the result).

We don't offer time estimates - it's highly dependent on your hardware and unique graph structure - but we do plan on improving progress logging in future releases.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online