cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Graph Model Design: Label vs Indexed Property is there an update?

Hi everyone,

I am bringing back this age old question for neo4j. I understand topic has been covered before in this article however this was done in 2015 and the updated version on the neo4j community was done in 2019 before the neo4j 4.0 release. I want to know if there are any changes/updates to this topic or is it still the same?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There have been some improvements around index-backed ORDER BY operations, provided you give a hint to the planner of the type of the property, so if you're matching directly to nodes by a property where you need to take the top x nodes by that property, this feature will leverage the index instead of property access.

Aside from this, the store format has not changed much, so the prior answers remain accurate.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There have been some improvements around index-backed ORDER BY operations, provided you give a hint to the planner of the type of the property, so if you're matching directly to nodes by a property where you need to take the top x nodes by that property, this feature will leverage the index instead of property access.

Aside from this, the store format has not changed much, so the prior answers remain accurate.