cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Getting Error; java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException when bulk importing

Hello I have just installed neo4j 4.1.3 and trying to bulk import into db from csv files. I have spited it from header and relationship files.hopefully my formatting is ok . when I am going to run the script for bulk importing I am getting

so I checked my debug.log and find out this

I put whole headers and csv files into /var/lib/ neo4j/import/ folder and run the script too. it created import.report log file but didnt get any log there. I have got this error then

WARNING: Max 1024 open files allowed, minimum of 40000 recommended. See the Neo4j manual.

java.io.UncheckedIOException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /var/lib/neo4j/import/import.report

at org.neo4j.importer.ImportCommand.execute(ImportCommand.java:256)

at org.neo4j.cli.AbstractCommand.call(AbstractCommand.java:67)

at org.neo4j.cli.AbstractCommand.call(AbstractCommand.java:33)

at picocli.CommandLine.executeUserObject(CommandLine.java:1783)

at picocli.CommandLine.access$900(CommandLine.java:145)

at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.executeUserObjectOfLastSubcommandWithSameParent(CommandLine.java:2150)

at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.handle(CommandLine.java:2144)

at picocli.CommandLine$RunLast.handle(CommandLine.java:2108)

at picocli.CommandLine$AbstractParseResultHandler.execute(CommandLine.java:1975)

at picocli.CommandLine.execute(CommandLine.java:1904)

at org.neo4j.cli.AdminTool.execute(AdminTool.java:77)

at org.neo4j.cli.AdminTool.main(AdminTool.java:58)

Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /var/lib/neo4j/import/import.report

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:90)

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:116)

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:219)

at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:478)

at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:219)

at org.neo4j.io.fs.DefaultFileSystemAbstraction.openAsOutputStream(DefaultFileSystemAbstraction.java:78)

at org.neo4j.importer.CsvImporter.doImport(CsvImporter.java:144)

at org.neo4j.importer.ImportCommand.execute(ImportCommand.java:248)

I was comfortable with neo4j 3.5.8 where there is graph.db folder . but from neo4j 4.0 I didnt find it out. can you help me to fix this problem . and kindly give me some concepts of new database structure in 4.1.3 . so I can configure it properly. Even I have given full control over /var/lib/neo4j/data/databases/neo4j folder . but didnt get any result. Thank you

1 REPLY 1

amsilf
Node Clone

Have you tried to grant access (chmod) to the neo4j user (or user that your are using) to /var/log/neo4j?