cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

GDS Library - No compatible version found

Today GDS refused to work.
I'm working on Neo4j Desktop 1.4.14 Enterprise Edition, and if I try to install the GDS library for a new project, there is no compatible version.
For all old projects GDS works fine.

Any suggestion on how to fix that issue?

7 REPLIES 7

Hm, I think that might be a bug. I've created a card to look into it

It looks like you're using the 4.4.3 version of the database; you should be able to install GDS 1.8.6 or 2.0.0. You can grab those off our download center here: https://neo4j.com/download-center/#algorithms

@alicia.frame1 Can I get GDSL with a community version? I also got the message "No compatible version found" so I downloaded the .jar file. HOW do I install the .jar file in my DB?

@aaron.damiano yes, GDS works with the community version of Neo4j as well. You can follow the installation instructions here: Installation - Neo4j Graph Data Science

I'm not sure what you're pointing at @aaron.damiano? GDS Community Edition is installable on any single instance deployment of a Neo4j.

If you're trying to install GDS on a Neo4j Enterprise Edition cluster, you can only install GDS on a read replica - and that functionality is limited to GDS Enterprise edition.

In Neo4j Desktop Project Plugins I cannot click the "install" button.
3X_b_c_bc52a2375c2f72407286c4670e9562b51641e1f1.png
On the URL I provided it gives instructions to download.jar > place in plugin folder > add 2 lines to config

These steps are not working. Not sure what I am missing?

Desktop Log:
[2022-03-10 19:32:35.625] [info] Neo4j @ 7687 is down. connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:7687

2022-02-28 22:43:05.187+0000 WARN [o.n.k.i.JvmChecker] You are using an unsupported version of the Java runtime. Please use Oracle(R) Java(TM) Runtime Environment 8, OpenJDK(TM) 8 or IBM J9.
2022-02-28 22:43:05.754+0000 INFO [o.n.g.f.m.e.CommunityEditionModule] No locking implementation specified, defaulting to 'forseti'

Powershell : Invalid initial heap size: -Xms6GB
At C:\Users\lbuaard\AppData\Local\Neo4j\Relate\Cache\neo4j-start.ps1:11 char:1

• Powershell -NoProfile -NonInteractive -NoLogo `

Perhaps that question is better suited for the #neo4j-graph-platform:desktop forum?