cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Failed to load auth plugin

I have followed this link ,added the library to plugins folder and changed the neo4j.conf file but i get the below error in log

2019-11-21 16:05:56.641+0000 WARN [o.n.i.p.PageCache] The dbms.memory.pagecache.size setting has not been configured. It is recommended that this setting is always explicitly configured, to ensure the system has a balanced configuration. Until then, a computed heuristic value of 3109091328 bytes will be used instead. Run `neo4j-admin memrec` for memory configuration suggestions.
2019-11-21 16:05:56.944+0000 INFO [o.n.g.f.m.e.CommunityEditionModule] No locking implementation specified, defaulting to 'forseti'
2019-11-21 16:05:57.178+0000 ERROR [o.n.k.i.e.EnterpriseEditionModule] Failed to load security module. Caused by: Illegal configuration: Failed to load auth plugin 'plugin-AuthPlugin'. Illegal configuration: Failed to load auth plugin 'plugin-AuthPlugin'.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal configuration: Failed to load auth plugin 'plugin-AuthPlugin'.
	at org.neo4j.server.security.enterprise.auth.EnterpriseSecurityModule.illegalConfiguration(EnterpriseSecurityModule.java:352)
	at org.neo4j.server.security.enterprise.auth.EnterpriseSecurityModule.createPluginRealms(EnterpriseSecurityModule.java:300)
	at org.neo4j.server.security.enterprise.auth.EnterpriseSecurityModule.newAuthManager(EnterpriseSecurityModule.java:162)
	at org.neo4j.server.security.enterprise.auth.EnterpriseSecurityModule.setup(EnterpriseSecurityModule.java:89)
	at com.neo4j.security.CommercialSecurityModule.setup(CommercialSecurityModule.java:56)
	at org.neo4j.graphdb.factory.module.edition.AbstractEditionModule.setupSecurityModule(AbstractEditionModule.java:155)
	at com.neo4j.commercial.edition.CommercialEditionModule.createCommercialSecurityModule(CommercialEditionModule.java:134)
	at com.neo4j.commercial.edition.CommercialEditionModule.createSecurityModule(CommercialEditionModule.java:126)
	at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory.initFacade(GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory.java:203)
	at com.neo4j.commercial.edition.CommercialGraphDatabase.<init>(CommercialGraphDatabase.java:20)
	at com.neo4j.server.database.CommercialGraphFactory.newGraphDatabase(CommercialGraphFactory.java:40)
	at org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase.start(LifecycleManagingDatabase.java:90)
	at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:452)
	at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:111)
	at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:180)
	at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:124)
	at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:91)
	at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.CommercialEntryPoint.main(CommercialEntryPoint.java:22)

Jar file name:

AuthPlugin.jar (inside plugin folder)

neo4j.conf

dbms.security.auth_provider=plugin-org.neo4j.example.auth.plugin.MyAuthPlugin

dbms.security.plugin.authentication_enabled=true
dbms.security.plugin.authorization_enabled=true

Neo4j Version:

neo4j-enterprise : 3.5.12

2 REPLIES 2

The repo you're using is probably a bit out of date. In paticular if you're compiling it just as is, you're depending on a version of Neo4j that's too old to be loaded into Neo4j 3.5.12.

See your dependency versions here:

Update as appropriate -- I think your root issue is a mismatch between your plugin dependencies and the version of Neo4j you're actually running.

learned how to compile maven on eclipse and now everything is fine, the problem is me not knowing how to do lol, i was creating a jar file of the whole project without following instructions (because lack of understanding of eclipse and java on eclipse), sorry for this, request you to delete the question