cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Edge display issue in Linkurious

I am trying to use Linkurious with our Neo4j database and having the following problem.

When I try to display a set of nodes and a specific set of edges, the tool displays all edge connection between them.

For example I want to run the following query:

MATCH (src:Node)-[i:RELATION]->(dst:NODE) WHERE dst.name="XYZ" RETURN src, i, dst

I want only the edges from the src nodes to the destination and not any others (like src to src edges).

I can achieve this in Neo4j browser by turning off “ Connect Result Nodes ” option.

How can I do this in Linkurious?

Incidentally, in preview mode the query behaves properly and displays only the desired edges. However, it doesn’t in the full visualization mode.

Can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi bhawmik just to clarify your issue:

• Do you have the same problem also if you start from an empty screen (i.e. no other nodes already available)?
  • Is correct to say that your issue is that a self-edge on the src node is added? In this case the extra edge is of type RELATION or a different type?
  • What version of Linkurious are you using?

Following are my responses:

• Do you have the same problem also if you start from an empty screen (i.e. no other nodes already available)?
    Yes.

• Is correct to say that your issue is that a self-edge on the src node is added? In this case the extra edge is of type RELATION or a different type?
    This needs some clarification. The query used was:
    MATCH (src:Node)-[i:RELATION]->(dst:Node) WHERE dst.name="XYZ" RETURN src, i, dst
    For (src) and (dst) edges exist on both directions, but I want to restrict the visualization to only (src)-->(dst) .
    Incidentally in Preview mode the visualization works as desired.

• What version of Linkurious are you using?
    LINKURIOUS 2.7.6 HOLY HAMBURGER