cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Does collapse path make multiple relationships between a pair of nodes if the are multiple paths?

Hi, everyone

I want to try to collapse a path between red nodes in the pic. below

photo_2022-08-09_23-55-08.jpg

And get something like that

photo_2022-08-10_01-03-56.jpg

Is it worth trying to make with collapse path, or I get only 1 relationship between each pare of nodes?
Or maybe there exist easier alternatives, I be grateful for suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can you share your cypher code.

In GDS usually collapse path should generate 1 relationship per path

and then you might need to use relationship aggregation to result in 1 relationship between a pair of nodes

https://neo4j.com/docs/graph-data-science/current/graph-project/#_parallel_relationships_with_proper...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Can you share your cypher code.

In GDS usually collapse path should generate 1 relationship per path

and then you might need to use relationship aggregation to result in 1 relationship between a pair of nodes

https://neo4j.com/docs/graph-data-science/current/graph-project/#_parallel_relationships_with_proper...

Thanks Michael, that's exactly what I wanted to know
and the link will come in handy 🙂

I can share code but I didnt try run GDS collapse path yet because have problems with MATCH

I try that code below and get olny paths through 2 user nodes. (red nodes from pic. are(Community) and yellow nodes are (users) )

MATCH (c1:Community)<-[:MEMBER_OF]-(u1:user)
MATCH (u1:user)-[:FOLLOWING]-(u2:user)
MATCH (u2:user)-[:MEMBER_OF]->(c2:Community)
RETURN c1.name as source, c2.name as target

Also I try that code below and get path through 3 user nodes

MATCH (c1:Community)<-[:MEMBER_OF]-(u1:user)-[]-()-[]-(u2:user)-[:MEMBER_OF]->(c2:Community)
RETURN c1.name as source, c2.name as target

I dont know how to combine so i can get paths through arbitrary number of nodes between red nodes.