cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

display execution plan by line

song
Node Link

hello, 

I want to compare Neo4j with RDB for the execution plan of the same query. 

I executed the PROFILE clause in the browser and in cypher-shell and i prefer the output of cypher-shell, so i want to use it, but the execution plan is printed over multi-lines. I would like to fix it.

Is there any method that can adjust the display line size in neo4j ?

thank you

song_0-1673851590005.png

#cyphershell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@song 

./cypher-shell -h
usage: cypher-shell [-h] [-a ADDRESS] [-u USERNAME] [--impersonate IMPERSONATE] [-p PASSWORD] [--encryption {true,false,default}] [-d DATABASE]
                    [--format {auto,verbose,plain}] [-P PARAM] [--non-interactive] [--sample-rows SAMPLE-ROWS] [--wrap {true,false}] [-v]
                    [--driver-version] [-f FILE] [--change-password] [--log [LOG-FILE]] [--fail-fast | --fail-at-end] [cypher]

A command line shell where you can execute Cypher against an instance of  Neo4j.  By  default the shell is interactive but you can use it for scripting by
passing cypher directly on the command line or by piping a file with cypher statements (requires Powershell on Windows).

example of piping a file:
  cat some-cypher.txt | cypher-shell

positional arguments:
  cypher                 an optional string of cypher to execute and then exit

named arguments:
  -h, --help             show this help message and exit
  --fail-fast            exit and report failure on first error when reading from file (this is the default behavior)
  --fail-at-end          exit and report failures at end of input when reading from file
  --format {auto,verbose,plain}
                         desired output format, verbose displays  results  in  tabular  format  and  prints  statistics,  plain displays data with minimal
                         formatting (default: auto)
  -P PARAM, --param PARAM
                         Add a parameter to this session. Example:  `-P  "number  =>  3"`  or  `-P  "country  => 'Spain'"`. This argument can be specified
                         multiple times. (default: [])
  --non-interactive      force non-interactive mode, only useful if auto-detection fails (like on Windows) (default: false)
  --sample-rows SAMPLE-ROWS
                         number of rows sampled to compute table widths (only for format=VERBOSE) (default: 1000)
  --wrap {true,false}    wrap table column values if column is too narrow (only for format=VERBOSE) (default: true)

try invoking cypher-shell with --wrap false

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@song 

./cypher-shell -h
usage: cypher-shell [-h] [-a ADDRESS] [-u USERNAME] [--impersonate IMPERSONATE] [-p PASSWORD] [--encryption {true,false,default}] [-d DATABASE]
                    [--format {auto,verbose,plain}] [-P PARAM] [--non-interactive] [--sample-rows SAMPLE-ROWS] [--wrap {true,false}] [-v]
                    [--driver-version] [-f FILE] [--change-password] [--log [LOG-FILE]] [--fail-fast | --fail-at-end] [cypher]

A command line shell where you can execute Cypher against an instance of  Neo4j.  By  default the shell is interactive but you can use it for scripting by
passing cypher directly on the command line or by piping a file with cypher statements (requires Powershell on Windows).

example of piping a file:
  cat some-cypher.txt | cypher-shell

positional arguments:
  cypher                 an optional string of cypher to execute and then exit

named arguments:
  -h, --help             show this help message and exit
  --fail-fast            exit and report failure on first error when reading from file (this is the default behavior)
  --fail-at-end          exit and report failures at end of input when reading from file
  --format {auto,verbose,plain}
                         desired output format, verbose displays  results  in  tabular  format  and  prints  statistics,  plain displays data with minimal
                         formatting (default: auto)
  -P PARAM, --param PARAM
                         Add a parameter to this session. Example:  `-P  "number  =>  3"`  or  `-P  "country  => 'Spain'"`. This argument can be specified
                         multiple times. (default: [])
  --non-interactive      force non-interactive mode, only useful if auto-detection fails (like on Windows) (default: false)
  --sample-rows SAMPLE-ROWS
                         number of rows sampled to compute table widths (only for format=VERBOSE) (default: 1000)
  --wrap {true,false}    wrap table column values if column is too narrow (only for format=VERBOSE) (default: true)

try invoking cypher-shell with --wrap false

@dana_canzano 

thanks for answering my question!

I tried with --wrap false, 
But It still printed over multilines 😂

Did i try right? 

song_0-1673916815596.pngsong_1-1673916868421.png

I found the problem, It was my monitor size and the shell window width haha 😂

Thank you for answering my question.