cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Deprecation of apoc.algo.cover()

Hello,

I've been reliant on apoc.algo.cover() to find all relationships between a set of nodes. Now I see a deprecation warning on it, saying it will be moved to GDS come Neo4J 4.1 : https://neo4j.com/docs/labs/apoc/current/algorithms/similarity/
Is there a new alternative to this function that performs similarly?

I know I can achieve similar results with cypher matches, but here performance is key, as my list of nodes can run into the thousands, and apoc.algo.cover() was very fast.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Visakh,

As mentioned in the warning, this is not out yet, but is expected to come along with a GDS release after the Neo4j 4.1 release.

We will only remove cover() once these releases have happened and the alternative has demonstrated that it handles all its functionality.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Visakh,

As mentioned in the warning, this is not out yet, but is expected to come along with a GDS release after the Neo4j 4.1 release.

We will only remove cover() once these releases have happened and the alternative has demonstrated that it handles all its functionality.