cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Database failed to create / Distribution Download Error [Desktop 1.2.3 / Neo4J 4.0 ]

Information:
neo4j Desktop: 1.2.3
NO plugins / extensions / procedures

Trying to create a graph in the Desktop App. The current version. 3.5 works, however, version 4 (latests) fails with the error shown below. The issue persists at least since yesterday, Dec/17, and for some strange reason, the previous Beta builds all disappeared so in very simple words there is currently no way to setup a version 4 DB. Even with the previous beta builds, APOC was missing all the way down, which is very unfortunate because it's already undermining my third attempt to prepare a migration.

After having drilled down to the core of the problem, the only way I figured out was to patch an experimental docker container with an experimental APOC version.

Why do you make it so unreasonable hard to do a V4 preview setup of a with APOC to do a test-migration ahead of the release day?

I don't remember having seen anything remotely disastrous like this from Oracle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Following up for anyone else visiting this thread.

This issue was fixed by Neo4j Desktop 1.2.4. If you encounter it, make sure to have at least that version installed. If your Neo4j Desktop doesn't automatically catch the update, then go to neo4j.com, download Neo4j Desktop and install it over top of the version that you have. You won't lose any of your projects or databases by installing over top of this, because those are stored within your user home directory.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

This is a known bug with Desktop that's being worked on right now. I don't have an ETA on a fix but it should be a few days at most.

APOC release do always lag slightly behind. There's a 4.0.0-rc01 (pre)release of apoc available that works with Neo4j 4.0.0-rc01, see https://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-apoc-procedures/releases/tag/4.0.0-rc01

Thanks,
I have ditched version 4 for the foreseeable future because it's clearly not ready especially after the recently documented surprises.

I take a second look after the 4.1 maintenance release.

Following up for anyone else visiting this thread.

This issue was fixed by Neo4j Desktop 1.2.4. If you encounter it, make sure to have at least that version installed. If your Neo4j Desktop doesn't automatically catch the update, then go to neo4j.com, download Neo4j Desktop and install it over top of the version that you have. You won't lose any of your projects or databases by installing over top of this, because those are stored within your user home directory.

Hi David,
I followed these steps however facing error. PFA logs
After Installing Desktop 1.2.4, I can upgrade the database from 3.1.13 to 4 however not able to start it. Getting errors when I try to start the database. Looks like some bug.
Pls let me know if you know resolution of this issue

Rgds
sK

2020-02-18 05:04:22.094+0000 INFO ======== Neo4j 4.0.0 ========
2020-02-18 05:04:22.111+0000 INFO Starting...
2020-02-18 05:04:47.149+0000 ERROR Failed to start Neo4j: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@4c56644f' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Argument nodeIds at position 0 in list with
type List cannot be converted to a Neo4j type: Default value could not be parsed as a LIST? OF INTEGER?". Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@4c56644f' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Argument `nodeIds` at position 0 in `list` with type `List` cannot be converted to a Neo4j type: Default value could not be parsed as a LIST? OF INTEGER?".
org.neo4j.server.ServerStartupException: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@4c56644f' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Argument nodeIds at position 0 in list with
type List cannot be converted to a Neo4j type: Default value could not be parsed as a LIST? OF INTEGER?". at org.neo4j.server.exception.ServerStartupErrors.translateToServerStartupError(ServerStartupErrors.java:45) at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:163) at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:114) at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:89) at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseEntryPoint.main(EnterpriseEntryPoint.java:25) Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@4c56644f' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Argument `nodeIds` at position 0 in `list` with type `List` cannot be converted to a Neo4j type: Default value could not be parsed as a LIST? OF INTEGER?".
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:465)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:111)
at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:156)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error starting database server at /Users/sandeep/Library/Application Support/Neo4j Desktop/Application/neo4jDatabases/database-6f696e95-e33c-44cf-86c6-79b0989b92db/installation-4.0.0/data/databases
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.startDatabaseServer(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:167)