cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

apoc.load.csv fail (there's no apoc called apoc.load.csv)

Peter_Lian
Node Clone

The query 

####

CALL apoc.periodic.iterate("CALL apoc.load.csv('file:///process(1000timesnew).csv') YIELD map AS row  RETURN row","CREATE(process:Process{euid:row.EventRecordID})",{batchSize:5000, iterateList:true, parallel:true}) 

####

shows error 

Failed to invoke procedure `apoc.periodic.iterate`: Caused by: org.neo4j.internal.kernel.api.exceptions.ProcedureException: There is no procedure with the name `apoc.load.csv` registered for this database instance. Please ensure you've spelled the procedure name correctly and that the procedure is properly deployed.

Version : Enterprise 5.2 

Plugins folder : 

Peter_Lian_0-1673338635658.png

neo4j.conf setting:

Peter_Lian_0-1673339166244.png

Why it can not work? Do plugins data wrong? Which one should I download? Thanks.

I must try apoc.load.csv instead of read csv with header from... to check whether the performance would be better !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got it to work for me by downloading the 'apoc-5.3.0-extended.jar' file from the git repo and adding it to the import directory and updating the apoc.conf file to enable importing. You need the other apoc jar that is installed by Neo4j desktop.  Below is my import folder that worked.

https://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-apoc-procedures/releases

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.42.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.41.04 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Looks like you have the 'core' jar, but the apoc.load.csv method is in the 'extended' jar.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.24.10 PM.png

I got it to work for me by downloading the 'apoc-5.3.0-extended.jar' file from the git repo and adding it to the import directory and updating the apoc.conf file to enable importing. You need the other apoc jar that is installed by Neo4j desktop.  Below is my import folder that worked.

https://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-apoc-procedures/releases

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.42.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.41.04 PM.png

You safe my life, thanks you. apoc.load.csv indeed faster than read csv with header from, just a bit little although.