cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

DAO classes from different module not recognized

Hi I am using org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-data-neo4j -> 2.2.3.RELEASE library to work with Neo4j. I have multi module project where my DAO classes are in separate module. The problem is when I am trying to do some operation on Neo4j database I got following error ->

# [neo4j :: Getting java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class class com.my.domain.Address is not a valid entity class. Please check the entity mapping]

MY ADDRESS DAO :

@NodeEntity
@Getter
@Setter
public class Address {

@Id
    @GeneratedValue(strategy = UuidStrategy.class)
    private Long id;

private String country;
    private String city;
    private String street;
    private String postalCode;

@Relationship(value = "LIVES_AT", direction = INCOMING)
    private User user;

}

DAO classes are recognized in Intellij IDEA and I can also build my project with Gradle, but during runtime mentioned error is occuring. Please can you tell me how can I fix this issue ? Is there any way to tell neo4j to recognize these external DAO classes ? Thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi after some research I find out that problem was in session OGM creates. It was not checking these external packages for DAOs so I was forced to override default session as following ->

@Bean
    public SessionFactory sessionFactory() {
        org.neo4j.ogm.config.Configuration configuration = new org.neo4j.ogm.config.Configuration.Builder()
                .uri(databaseUrl)
                .credentials(userName, password)
                .build();
        return new SessionFactory(configuration,"my.external.package.with.dao");
    }

@Bean
    public Neo4jTransactionManager transactionManager() {
        return new Neo4jTransactionManager(sessionFactory());
    }

I am not sure if this correct implementation because I read one stack overflow post where guy mentioned that it is not needed to override session in case spring-data-neo4j library. So is there another way to update session with new DAO package ? Thanks for help @amsilf

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amsilf
Node Clone

It's hard to say what's the problem without seeing the whole code but I doesn't looks like that the issue is not with neo4j, but more like with your spring configuration; could you please share your project structure and a way your configure spring?

Hi after some research I find out that problem was in session OGM creates. It was not checking these external packages for DAOs so I was forced to override default session as following ->

@Bean
    public SessionFactory sessionFactory() {
        org.neo4j.ogm.config.Configuration configuration = new org.neo4j.ogm.config.Configuration.Builder()
                .uri(databaseUrl)
                .credentials(userName, password)
                .build();
        return new SessionFactory(configuration,"my.external.package.with.dao");
    }

@Bean
    public Neo4jTransactionManager transactionManager() {
        return new Neo4jTransactionManager(sessionFactory());
    }

I am not sure if this correct implementation because I read one stack overflow post where guy mentioned that it is not needed to override session in case spring-data-neo4j library. So is there another way to update session with new DAO package ? Thanks for help @amsilf

Sorry for late reply, that's a bit strange behaviour, @EnableTransactionManagement and @EnableNeo4jRepositories should do the job for you; you have to initialize transaction manager manually only if it's required to have connection to multiple dbms, e.g. to neo4j and mysql or some unique rollback behaviour is required.

without creating custom sessionFactory and transactionManager my project did not work