cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Can I use Neo4j Bloom in a web based application?

lingvisa
Graph Fellow

I want to know whether there is a way to call some API from Bloom in a web based api. For example, I have a search box on my graph application site and after users type a term in the search box, it searches the graph, return the results, nodes, properties and relationships, then hopefully it can be visualized by Bloom and the visualization can be shown in my html page, so that users can interact with the graph search results through the visualization. It seems like Bloom works similarily like Neo4j Desktop, which is a standalone application. The only way to interact with it is through users' click but not API. Is that True? If yes, there is some other visualization recommendation for neo4j, which can be used for web application.

5 REPLIES 5

We are also looking to embed Bloom in a web application, if possible. I have played around with Bloom a little and it already has such rich visualization features, so I'd prefer to not have to write anything custom. I read that you are supposed to be able to access Bloom from a browser--why would embedding it be any different?

Bloom (when you self-host it) can be run from a web browser, and therefore, can be put into an iFrame in a web application. We don't have a fully embeddable api at the moment, but Bloom does have deeplink ability where you can target the iFrame with a URL that can trigger a search and fetch a visualization.
See Bloom docs for more info on deep links and self hosting.

Hi ,

Thank you very much for your clarify anurag.tandon.

But I do not understand well , Do you have any URL example who works with Bloom in my web browser ?

Can I have bloom in my own web site ?

I am doing path analysis about tuberculosis data , I would like to show for another analysts the paths , like a tableau server .... Is it possible with Neo4J ?

I did all work in my local , but Now I would like to put this in a web cloud provider and create a web app for visualization.

Thank you

Lets say , I have few "Search Phrases " saved query templates in Bloom and I want sperate URL for each that search phrase How can I achieve that.

I can render home page of bloom in browser but I wanted to load query output of that search phrase which I want to load.
Could you please assist?

Thank you