cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

CALL db.schema.visualization() does NOT give me back a visualization

rob2
Node Clone

HI
i once saw the meta graph but when I call the function now the Graph icon is missing - no visualization. Any HInt? Thanks rob

7 REPLIES 7

clem
Graph Steward

It works for me on:

Mac OXX 10.15.7, Neo4J 4.2.2 (enterprise), Browser 4.2.2

What version are you running? A long shot: Did you try quitting and restarting?

very odd.....

rob2
Node Clone

hi clem
windows 10 - firefox AND chrome
Neo4j Browser version: [4.2.0]
Neo4j Server version: [4.2.1]
yep did close the bowserS and nope still no icon
cu rob

You can double double check your Neo4j Desktop settings on the left panel to see if there is something wrong there. Usually there is no visual when there is no nodes returned.

rob2
Node Clone

HI i upgraded to 4.2.2. and 4.2.3 - i also cleard all locals data - but still the same ...
Never touched any settings on the left ....

just to make it clear for this cmd the visulaization is working !
MATCH (n:_PersonProcess) RETURN n LIMIT 25

I am having the same issue. Using Neo4j 4.3.2 Community Edition. (And like Rob, other graph visualization works just fine.)

Further, I found that with CALL db.schema.visualization YIELD nodes I get a graphical view of the nodes, but if I instead write YIELD relationships or YIELD nodes, relationships, it reverts back to the text output.

@rob2 or anyone else, have you found a solution here?

I stumbled on the same issue for Neo4j 4.3 and found a passable solution. 

CALL db.schema.visualization returns two separate lists with nodes and relationships and I suspect that this is preventing the browser from parsing the data as a graph. So I used  UNWIND to expand them in separate rows. 

CALL db.schema.visualization() YIELD nodes, relationships
UNWIND  relationships as r
UNWIND nodes as n
RETURN  r, n

jin_what
Node Link

Does anyone know the manual or documentation about CALL db.schema.visualization?

I want to compare this with call apoc.meta.graph(https://neo4j.com/labs/apoc/4.4/overview/apoc.meta/apoc.meta.graph/) because they both shows the metagraph of database but I can't find the official document about CALL db.schema.visualization.