cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Pete Riches - ESOL teacher and former software developer, New Zealand

Hi all!

I'm still in the research stage at the moment, but I can tell you that when I was at university studying Computing Science in the late 80s, sitting in my database theory lectures alternately trying not to fall asleep / grind my teeth, this is what I wished databases were like. All that effort normalising tables, making it more and more obscure and further from the model - it nearly put me off for life! In stark contrast, I have high hopes for Neo4j being useful for me and I can't wait to start making useful stuff with it.

I'm a huge fan of the Open Source community. I plug Open Source wherever and to whomever I can. Software should work for the user, not against them, and it should never be possible to take it away. Open Source does that for me.

Warmly,
Pete

3 REPLIES 3

Welcome Peter,

hope you have great fun & success with Neo4j. We all wish databases were like this when we felt the pain of other models
There are a bunch of other Neo4j users in NZ, in case you want to connect.

That's awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I might need to pick their brains some time.

Love your intro, Pete!

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online