cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

How to add Property to Relation Type from RDF Triples

As we all know, OWL could not give any DataProperty to one ObjectProperty because it's itself a property.

So, if I want to add some properties to relation in Neo4J from RDF Triples, there is a trick.

I define a relation as a Class in OWL and some DataProperties to it too. Then I define 2 ObjectProperties between 3 Classes to express 1 relation with some properties to 2 class node.

for example:

I use:
(p:Person {name: "jason"})-[:workedAs]->(j:Job {type: "Engineer", beginFrom: "2019-01-01"})-[:existedIn]->(c:Company {name: "ABC"})

to express
(p:Person {name: "jason"})-[:workedIn {type: "Engineer", beginFrom: "2019-01-01"}]->(c:Company {name: "ABC"})

but the method I used is not intuitive and weird. what should i do ? (:(

I hope I cleared illustrate my dilemma and very looking forward to your reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have a look at this article, and in particular, check the sub-section called "Reifying Relationships". I think this is directly related to what you're asking, and it contains some advice.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Have a look at this article, and in particular, check the sub-section called "Reifying Relationships". I think this is directly related to what you're asking, and it contains some advice.

Thanks a lot, I guess I have already gotten your 2 points:

1, Maybe the "trick" I used is a better method, because it avoids to become "Vanilla" and make sense the index.

2, But I also need to take more account on my schema to check out that if there has some space to "Reifying".

Right ?