cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Connection info confusion in "Importing CSV files" exercise

In the Importing CSV Data into Neo4j > Using the Neo4j Data Importer > Importing CSV files with the Neo4j Data Importer exercise, instructions for connecting to the sandbox instance are confusing.

In Step 11: Import the CSV data, the instructions offer this guidance:

The Host location should be a bolt URL for the sandbox that was created for you for this course. You should have received an email with this information ...

(emphasis mine)

I did receive an email with connection details, but none of them worked in the importer. I logged into the sandbox site to see if I was missing something and discovered that both the bolt URL and the password were different from what I received in the email. I went through a whole host of errors in the data importer before checking the sandbox site.

It might be better simply to direct folks to the sandbox site.

7 REPLIES 7

How long ago did you receive the email? If it is more than 3 days ago, the sandbox will be automatically terminated and when you continue with the course, a new sandbox is created (with different credentials).

We will change the text to direct folks to the sandbox site if their credentials do not work from the email.

Thanks again @derek.dehart

Elaine

I received the email this morning when I enrolled in the course. The connection info I used from the sandbox site to get the data import to work is vastly different from the connection info in the email. I can share with you privately if that's helpful.

Thanks for the heads-up. We will investigate.

Elaine

Hi,

I am also unable to connect to the project instance created in the sandbox on the same day as when I did this exercise. Host and password were copied from the connection details tab found in the sandbox. The error I get in the importer is:

"Could not perform discovery. No routing servers available. Known routing table: RoutingTable[database=default database, expirationTime=0, currentTime=1652518428570, routers=, readers=, writers=]"

Hello,
I had the same issue just today. Only solution I could make work was using https://data-importer.graphapp.io/ instead of the given importer website, and, on Run Importer prompt, using the "bolt+s" url from the database details.
Good luck.

Hello @amirwesthoff ,

I recommend that you try refreshing your Data Importer window and try again. There may have been a temporary problem that should have resolved itself with the sandbox.

Elaine

If you followed the previous steps with success:
Try to input
:server connect
on the sandbox. Your $ will change to neo4j$, and you will be connected to your database.