cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Building Neo4j Applications with Java: Issues with the setup

I am having issues setting up the project. Although I am using the Open JDK 17, there dependency installation fails. Anyone had such an experience? Just a snippet of the error messages to provide more context:

Failures:
[ERROR] _01_ConnectToNeo4jTest.createDriverAndConnectToServer:15 neo4j uri defined ==> expected: not <null>
[ERROR] _14_PersonListTest.getOrderedPaginatedPersonList:58 expected: <Álex Angulo> but was: <Ã�lex Angulo>
[ERROR] _14_PersonListTest.getPaginatedPersonList:43 expected: < Alejandro González Iñárritu> but was: < Alejandro González Iñárritu>
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR] _03_RegisterUserTest.registerUser:40 » IllegalArgument The Secret cannot be nu...
[ERROR] _04_ConstraintErrorTest.checkConstraintWithDuplicateUser:65 » IllegalArgument ...
[ERROR] _05_AuthenticationTest.authenticateUser:39 » IllegalArgument The Secret cannot...
[ERROR] _08_FavoriteFlagTest.initDriver:31 » IllegalArgument The Secret cannot be null
[INFO]
[ERROR] Tests run: 30, Failures: 3, Errors: 4, Skipped: 1

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @flmn,

Did you modify application.properties to match your sandbox?

Elaine

Thanks for the note, Elaine!
The properties required are the user, pass, and neo4j URI, right? For the latter, I provided the link provided for the "recommendations" use case. Somehow still the same issues during mvn verify...

I assumed that the app properties are going to be read from the corresponding file provided with the project, but I noticed that there should be an "application.properties" file for that. This instruction comes after one tries to verify the project setup, which is a bit out of step 🙂

Now, with the correct file provided, I am with one less error, but still the following persist:

[ERROR] _14_PersonListTest.getOrderedPaginatedPersonList:58 expected: <Álex Angulo> but was: <Ã�lex Angulo>
[ERROR] _14_PersonListTest.getPaginatedPersonList:43 expected: < Alejandro González Iñárritu> but was: < Alejandro González Iñárritu>

The user and password info are provided; what about the "neo4j_URI" field?

Cheers!

In the "Neo4j Sandbox" lesson, it describes how to set NEORJ_URI. You essentially set it to the value of bolt uri in the Recommendations sandbox at sandbox.neo4j.com, but you substitute bolt with neo4j.

Elaine