cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Problem with Building Neo4j Applications with Python

I'm trying to run the first exercise in the course and I can't get this to run:

pytest tests/01_connect_to_neo4j__test.py

I get:

MM226508-PC:app-python-main morawski$ pytest tests/01_connect_to_neo4j__test.py

-bash: pytest: command not found

Any help appreciated,

Paul

5 REPLIES 5

jalakoo
Node Clone

@PaulM What was your output when you ran:  `pip install -r requirements.txt`

Jalakoo --

Odd.  I just tried rerunning it and I got this:

(neoflix) MM226508-PC:app-python-main morawski$ pytest tests/01_connect_to_neo4j__test.py 

=============================================== test session starts ===============================================

platform darwin -- Python 3.9.4, pytest-7.1.3, pluggy-1.0.0

rootdir: /Users/morawski/Documents/Neo4jPythonClass/app-python-main

collected 4 items                                                                                                 

tests/01_connect_to_neo4j__test.py ....                                                                     [100%]

================================================ 4 passed in 0.17s ================================================

Does this indicate a successful outcome?

Thanks,

Paul

jalakoo
Node Clone

Yup, that's the result I get. Glad it's working for you now. If you figure out what the hiccup was, post here. Curious to know what the cause was.

Jalakoo --

It is clear that I don't understand the role of flask and how to use it.  It appears that my problem was trying to run the pytest command from a different shell session on the same machine, rather than the shell where flask was started.

Thanks for your help.  Any insights into how to use and control flask would be appreciated.

Paul

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable mistake to make. Thanks for tracking that down!