cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Basic Administration Exercise #4 - config not loading

Trying to change the default db on my Neo4j instance running in Docker per the exercise at Using cypher-shell to Manage Databases - Basic Neo4j 4.x Administration, but not having any luck. Working on a Windows 10 machine.

I have created databaseone:

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| name          | address          | role         | requestedStatus | currentStatus | error | default |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| "databaseone" | "localhost:7687" | "standalone" | "online"        | "online"      | ""    | FALSE   |
| "neo4j"       | "localhost:7687" | "standalone" | "online"        | "online"      | ""    | TRUE    |
| "system"      | "localhost:7687" | "standalone" | "online"        | "online"      | ""    | FALSE   |

And in my configuration directory mapped via docker volume, I have a neo4j.conf file with the following:

dbms.default_database=databaseone

However, no matter how many times and stop and start the container (or use docker restart), when I log back in with cypher-shell and show databases, neo4j remains the default database.

Any ideas? I double checked the config name (Configuration settings - Operations Manual) and have checked to make sure I'm spelling "databaseone" correctly everywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It appears there were some hidden characters that snuck into my config file. Was able to diagnose by paying better attention to the warnings coming up in the logs when starting the container.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It appears there were some hidden characters that snuck into my config file. Was able to diagnose by paying better attention to the warnings coming up in the logs when starting the container.

Excellent @emilgerth . Great that you were able to troubleshoot and solve this one.

Elaine