cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

neo4j community edition questions

paullsnr
Node Link

I have been working with desktop version on Windows 10.

I want to install, I believe community version, on CentOS headless.

1. Linux Yum vs Linux Tar?
  2. Neo4j browser comes packaged with the downloads listed above?
  3. Neo4j browser will be accessible remotely? "Neo4j Server — Neo4j includes an HTTP server that can host the BROWSER module (Neo4j Browser). e.g. SERVER_IP:7687 vs localhost:7687
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @paullsnr !

Personally I prefer yum install, but either one gives you the same tools. Yum installs in the usual paths each of the components of the package, and makes it easy to enable the service. Tar ball gives you just a bit more of freedom of configuration, but is essentially the same. Just make sure to select the correct version with yum.

To make Neo4j remotely accessible you should only uncomment the accept non-local connections config parameter:

luiseduardo_0-1665184122093.png

You should be able to access Neo4j Browser by SERVER_IP:7474 (which is the default HTTP port), 7687 is the Bolt port.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @paullsnr !

Personally I prefer yum install, but either one gives you the same tools. Yum installs in the usual paths each of the components of the package, and makes it easy to enable the service. Tar ball gives you just a bit more of freedom of configuration, but is essentially the same. Just make sure to select the correct version with yum.

To make Neo4j remotely accessible you should only uncomment the accept non-local connections config parameter:

luiseduardo_0-1665184122093.png

You should be able to access Neo4j Browser by SERVER_IP:7474 (which is the default HTTP port), 7687 is the Bolt port.

Hope this helps!