cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Building a desktop app using Neo4j

munshine
Node Clone

Hello !

Very junior dev here, I'm coming from scripting for CG Animation softwares, so I'm not a proper programmer.

I'm finishing to read about Neo4j, reading all the "Get Started" I can find, now I'm reaching the point where I need to start building the app (Python, Qt). It's a very simple app for adding users and task, but certainely complex enough for me right now.

My question is: is there a pattern for building App connected to remote (DigitalOcean) database ? I don't even know if I should keep a session open for the whole GUI runthime, or reopen a session at every request... In other word, I don't know how to start and I don't want to take bad habbits. So is there some tutorials/examples about how to build a desktop app interacting with Neo4j ?

Thanks anyway for the clarity of the whole documentation on neo4j.com, and sorry if the question has already been asked, maybe I've searched with the wrong keywords.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My colleague Irfan and I built the Neuler Neo4j Graph App that works against a local database (but you can apply the approach to a database hosted anywhere).

You can see our database connection here - https://github.com/neo4j-apps/neuler/blob/master/src/services/stores/neoStore.js

tl;dr

• Create the driver once and keep that around until the app is closed
  • Open a new session for every request to the database

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

My colleague Irfan and I built the Neuler Neo4j Graph App that works against a local database (but you can apply the approach to a database hosted anywhere).

You can see our database connection here - https://github.com/neo4j-apps/neuler/blob/master/src/services/stores/neoStore.js

tl;dr

• Create the driver once and keep that around until the app is closed
  • Open a new session for every request to the database

munshine
Node Clone

I see. Thanks, that's really helpful!