cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Building and running seabolt

Hi Nigel,
could you double check the instructions for building and running seabolt on OSX Mojave? I figured out one addtional step necessary to build:

open /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Packages/macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg

but I cannot build docs or run:

heinrich@berlin:~/mck/seabolt$ build/bin/seabolt-cli
Segmentation fault: 11

Thanks for your help
Heinrich

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Heinrich

I'm not sure myself as I don't use Mac OS. I think Ali wrote those instructions, so I'll pull him in to have a look.

Nigel

Hi Heinrich,

seabolt-cli expects BOLT_PASSWORD environment variable to be defined (which is annoying, I'll definitely add a descriptive error message instead of segmentation fault) - could you please try with;

BOLT_PASSWORD=something build/bin/seabolt-cli

instead?

Building docs instructions may be a bit out of date, I'll verify those parts of README as well.

Thanks.

Yes, that works. Thank you. It is actually documented, but I wouldn't have guessed that it matters.

@ali.ince @technige are you planning to provide seabolt binaries as packages to be used with standard package management tools like apt-get or brew? The ruby community is very spoiled with bundler. Once we implement the ruby gem based on seabolt not being able to simply run bundle install without following seabolt installation instructions first would be unprecedented in the ruby world. We will have to implement some type of automation one way or the other.

@klobuczek We had talked about this but did not take any action yet. I think we can revisit this once we remove the experimental label from binary packages we are publishing. The hard part of publishing binaries through standard package management tools is the broad range of these available tools across distros and operating systems.

I'll add a feature request card for this as well.