cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Connecting Neo4j Desktop to SQl server

Need help to connect Neo4j desktop to local sql Server

1. Have already installed the desktop version 1.4.3.exe
  2. Have MSQL Management Studio v18.4

Need help to create a database on sql server and connect to neo4j desktop

10 REPLIES 10

Hello @saurabhpaul35 ,

Could you describe a bit more about what you'd like to set up? For example, something like an ETL flow between Neo4j and SQL Server?

Best,
ABK

I have SSMS setup on my system , on the other side ne04j desktop , how do i connect to ssms from neo4j , i tried creating localhost DB on ssms I'm not able to do it. I have attached my sql server window and neo4j desktop window please help.
localhostdb|496x119
3X_a_f_afb0c5ca260a6d6b47779ab828c30b24ee07469c.png

The best approach may be to use the Neo4j ETL tool. You can find information abou that here:

Best,
ABK

Thank you The ETL tool actually has options to connect to the SQL server but my server is a production one handled by client where i cannot connect directly instead I am trying to create a localhost access with widows authentication but I'm unable to do it.

You need to download the appropriate jdbc driver corresponding your SQL version from MS site. For version 6.2 the driver: mssql-jdbc-6.2.2.jre8.jar.

After downloading, copy the jar file to Neo4j 'plugins' folder and run this script:
call apoc.load.driver("com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver")

For windows authentication, you need to copy the sqljdbc_auth.dll into the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory.

Finally, run the call apoc.load.jdbc() script.

I have admin access restrictions hence not able to download the drivers mentioned.

Other choice is to export the data as a csv file and import into Neo4j database using LOAD CSV

What I am trying here is I have SQL server where in the DB's are production ones which i cannot do experiment , instead I want to create a localhost DB which has graph tables folder and that i wanted to connect to neo4j desktop. Have attached screenshot.

Thank you apart from this tool is there any way I can do this because my manager has asked me to give demo today to create graph database in local instance and connect through neo 4j.