cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

What would be the best way to determine a weighted clique?

I'm working on implementing a particular kind of market basket analysis in Neo4j, adapted from "Graph-Based Structures for the Market Baskets Analysis"

The paper defines a clique:

"A clique can represent a common interest group. Given a graph representing the communication among a group of individuals in an organization, each vertex represents an individual, while edge (i,j) shows that individual i regularly communicates with individual j."

And goes on to discuss a graph containing weights:

"If a graph with weights in the edges is used, the most weighted clique corresponds to the common-interest group whose elements communicate the most among themselves. This structure allows the representation of sets of elements strongly connected."

I've gotten as far as building a graph with weights:

Now I'm casting about for the best algorithm to run on the weighted-edge graph to find maximally-weighted cliques.

Minimum Weight Spanning Tree and Strongly Connected from @amy.hodler's both look promising. Is there a standard way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Any of the community detection algorithms would be a good choice here: we have a great developer guide that explains different techniques, or you can get more details & code snippets in our docs. I might start with Speaker Listener Label Propagation (able to detect over lapping communities) or Louvain.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Any of the community detection algorithms would be a good choice here: we have a great developer guide that explains different techniques, or you can get more details & code snippets in our docs. I might start with Speaker Listener Label Propagation (able to detect over lapping communities) or Louvain.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online