cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Want to know how much data gets processed while query is running in neo4j

Hello Team ,
I am running a query mix of match match merge using CSV ( containing 10Lacs records ).

I want to know how much data processing is done or how much data processing is left while query is running in browser.
Below is my query:
USING PERIODIC COMMIT 1000 LOAD CSV WITH HEADERS FROM 'file:///granite2csv_path_ONT_CKT.csv' as row MATCH (n:SPLITTER2_IN_PORT {SPLITTER2_NAME: row.PATH_ASIDE_EQUIPMENT}) MATCH (m:SPLITTER2_OUT_PORT {SP2_OUT_PORT_NAME: row.PATH_ASIDE_PORT}) MERGE (n)-[r:SP2_INPORT_2_SP2_OUTPORT]->(m) return r"

Please suggest!

Thanks
Akshat

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Team ,

Please help regarding the query asked.

Regards
Akshat

Hello Akshat,

There is no way to know how much query processing is left to do, but you can certainly use the PROFILE keyword to understand the number of rows that will be processed in the query plan. You might want to profile your smaller queries (loads) and then use that number to extrapolate how many rows will be processed in the query plan. In addition, when you are testing the performance of a load or a query, you should ensure that the Page Cache is configured to be the size of the database and it has been "warmed up". (CALL apoc.warmup.run(true,true,true). This will ensure the best performance of your loading/query.

You can certainly monitor the running queries using the :queries command. In addition, you might want to consider using the Query Log Analyzer that analyzes past queries, not current ones.

Elaine