cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Visualing Neo4j data in a third party app

Hi everyone,

Currently we are looking into the possibilities to visualise Neo4j data in a third party application. I was wondering which technologies or solutions the community is using as middleware (the authentication layer for extensive role-based access). Next to this we are also looking for custom made data visualisation of the Neo4j data in a web browser.

I will be thankful for your hep.

2 REPLIES 2

Before jumping to the complicated part where you really want to create your own web based visualiser for a precise need, do you know about Neo4j Bloom?

And the neo4j apps in Desktop. There is a bunch of them developed by Neo4j and the community. Create a web based visualiser is probably an expensive pain in the ass.

But to answer the question directly : d3js.org is a crazy visualisation javascript library as a good start.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you very much for your answer. Mainly because Neo4j lacks some roled-based access that we really need. Certain data of yourself should only be visible for yourself and other data should only be visible for certain people. As far as I know Neo4j has the possibility of roled-based access based on nodes or certain relationships and not individual nodes or relationships. Next to that we want to present the data to end-users and we think Bloom is a nice visualisation tool but not perfect for a non-technical end-user. I will have a look at d3js!