cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Unable to export a projected graph to a new database

Hello Everyone,

I have created a named graph with Cypher projection and I want to export this graph to a new database (GDS version: 1.7.2, neo4j version: 4.2.2). I followed the same procedure as mentioned here Export operations - Neo4j Graph Data Science, that is, first exporting the graph and then creating the database.

CALL gds.graph.export('test', { dbName: 'dbprojection' })
:use system
CREATE DATABASE dbprojection;

So, after I manually create the database, I expected that dbprojection should contain the nodes and relationships which I had exported earlier but it's empty.

The below query return zero nodes.

:use dbprojection
MATCH (n) RETURN n;

I checked the databases under the location /var/lib/neo4j/data (File locations - Operations Manual) where I can see that dbprojection is present. On comparing with other databases where I get the nodes on querying, there is this profile folder which is missing in dbprojection. Can this be the reason or is it something totally different. I also tried creating the database first(opposite of what's given in the documentation) and then exporting, but it also didn't work. Could you please help. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

This should work.

Can you check the contents of your test database (using CALL gds.graph.list('test')) to make sure it isn't empty?