cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Timeline

Hallo Community,

I have a question regarding creating timelines with dynamic selection.

So my question is - is it possible to create such diagram in any of Neo4j tools or should I look for external tools?

What I need to show is:

1) timeline for events generall for all countries

2) timeline with selected country

As I understand Graph DB ... I should create a relationship between elements based on date but it will be extremely difficult to make changes. For one country it is ok - MATCH and then show the result. But for many countries I see problem with data shared between other countries and timeline. Is there any other way?

Thanks.

T.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jalakoo
Node Clone

@tmssz, I think there are 2 questions here?  

1st. There are 2 diagramming Neo4j tools:  arrows.app and the.  Attached is a screen grab of your drawio.png in this public arrows.app example I quickly put together.
Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 8.23.13 AM.png

2nd. I think the structure you're modeling here is a time tree, which isn't a recommended way of storing time related data anymore. You can add temporal properties to nodes, just add a date property then use operators in your queries matches in your target time ranges.  This other community thread discusses this.

For more details on time data see the docs here, and specifically for using comparison operators on them here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jalakoo
Node Clone

@tmssz, I think there are 2 questions here?  

1st. There are 2 diagramming Neo4j tools:  arrows.app and the.  Attached is a screen grab of your drawio.png in this public arrows.app example I quickly put together.
Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 8.23.13 AM.png

2nd. I think the structure you're modeling here is a time tree, which isn't a recommended way of storing time related data anymore. You can add temporal properties to nodes, just add a date property then use operators in your queries matches in your target time ranges.  This other community thread discusses this.

For more details on time data see the docs here, and specifically for using comparison operators on them here.

Thank you for tips I think I know how to do it.

So I am going to add properties like :TIME and :COUNTRY and then make it as dynamic relationship creation.

Step 1: list all nodes - sort based on date and then based on the result of the loop make relationship.

After add/delete of the element I have to delete relations and create them again.

I definetely must see other courses in Neo4j Academy.

Thanks for help.

jalakoo
Node Clone

You're welcome!

Just realized the text and link to the other diagraming option, data-importer, didn't make it in my reply.  So here's a link to it:  https://data-importer.graphapp.io/

You can use that tool to import .csv data directly into a Neo4j instance, as well.  The arrows.app however is easier to share.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online