cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

There is no procedure with the name `apoc.load.csv`

ufmurphy
Node Link

Hey Community,

I hope everyone is well.

I am working through the Graph Academy examples on importing csv data.
I've installed Community Server 4.4.4 on Ubuntu 18.04 and when I use any of the apoc.load.csv methods, I get the following.

Code (file is in import folder on server):

CALL apoc.load.csv('file:///movies2.csv' ) YIELD map AS row RETURN row

Error:
Neo.ClientError.Procedure.ProcedureNotFound
There is no procedure with the name apoc.load.csv registered for this database instance.

I do see an apoc.import.csv, but it seems to behave totally different.

Here is what I have done so far, restarting the service each time:

I have read different posts on adding the following to the neo4j.conf file:

apoc.import.file.enabled=true

I also added the line:

dbms.security.procedures.whitelist=apoc., gds.

Another post said to move the following line to an apoc.conf file. So I tried that.
apoc.import.file.enabled=true

I read that the apoc-4.4.0.2-core.jar was buggy and didn't have the apoc.load.csv function
and that it was fixed in apoc-4.4.0.3-core.jar. So I replaced it.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ufmurphy
Node Link

Solved. That function is not in apoc-4.4.0.3-core.jar, it's in apoc-4.4.0.3-all.jar.

Thanks guys for the help. You are much appreciated.
Jim

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Are you using Neo4j browser? If so, you can install the apoc library in the browser for each database you want to use it in. I did not need to alter or install any files, other than clicking the “install” button.

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using Community Server, which lets me access Neo4J through a web browser. I don't have the ability to install in the browser, as far as I can see. I tried on the back-end, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Jim

I am sure if you install it via Neo4j Browser, it will also be available via the web browser, or any driver, as it is installed for the database.

If you can install neo4j browser, the following screenshot shows you were to find it. Just click on your database's in name. The pane on the right will show, where you can click on the 'Plugin's tab.

All that seems to happen is the APOC jar is placed in the database's plugin folder.

ufmurphy
Node Link

Hey Gary,

I just don't have that white screen above. I just get a login screen that goes right to a specific db,
I did put the APOC jar in the plugins folder. But when I restart, it looks like that version of the apoc plugin doesn't have the function for apoc.load.csv:

I checked my environment. it seems to have it. I have APOC 4.4.0.3 installed.

I think that is because you are using Neo4j Browser to connect to a remote database, not a local instance. Make sense that you can't install APOC to a remote instance.

ufmurphy
Node Link

Thanks, Gabriel.

Looks like I have some versioning issues going on.
I'll reinstall this morning.

Jim

ufmurphy
Node Link

Solved. That function is not in apoc-4.4.0.3-core.jar, it's in apoc-4.4.0.3-all.jar.

Thanks guys for the help. You are much appreciated.
Jim