cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Push-to-cloud fails with unrecognized file

lclay
Node Link

I have an enterprise server running version 3.5.5 and wanted to setup an Aura DB to host it. When I run the push-to-cloud command I get an error that the file uploaded isn't a valid Neo4j dump file. I ran a manual dump and tried to import that file, but I just get an error that it failed (no reason given in the web interface).

The full error message I get (with verbose) is:
We have received your export and it is currently being loaded into your Aura instance.
You can wait here, or abort this command and head over to the console to be notified of when your database is running.
Rough guess for how long dump file import will take: 5 minutes; file size is 0.0 GB (11742840 bytes)
org.neo4j.commandline.admin.CommandFailed: Error: We're sorry, something has gone wrong. We did not recognize the file you uploaded as a valid Neo4j dump file. Please check the file and try again. If you have received this error after confirming the type of file being uploaded, please open a support case. See: https://aura.support.neo4j.com/
at org.neo4j.pushtocloud.HttpCopier.formatCommandFailedError(HttpCopier.java:745)
at org.neo4j.pushtocloud.HttpCopier.doStatusPolling(HttpCopier.java:193)
at org.neo4j.pushtocloud.HttpCopier.copy(HttpCopier.java:133)
at org.neo4j.pushtocloud.PushToCloudCommand.execute(PushToCloudCommand.java:161)
at org.neo4j.commandline.admin.AdminTool.execute(AdminTool.java:127)
at org.neo4j.commandline.admin.AdminTool.main(AdminTool.java:51)
command failed: Error: We're sorry, something has gone wrong. We did not recognize the file you uploaded as a valid Neo4j dump file. Please check the file and try again. If you have received this error after confirming the type of file being uploaded, please open a support case. See: https://aura.support.neo4j.com/

I was hoping to just move the data to Aura so I wouldn't have to migrate the database. Is this a possibility?

1 REPLY 1

lclay
Node Link

Day Two.....

Today was spent researching the issue. I came across a video that shows upgrading databases using Desktop. So...I downloaded the latest version of Desktop, created a new DBMS (3.5.17) and loaded the dump. Everything worked fine. Node and relationship counts were correct, and a couple of simple queries returned the proper results. Shut it down and dumped from there...same error!

So...I upgraded it 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and even 4.4. Every single one gave the same error when pushed through push-to-cloud (unrecognized file). I also attempted to use the import screen in the aura website. The only thing it says is "Loading failed" (no error message of any type).

I'm a bit worried about moving my data to Aura. This was a subset of my data that I use for development and was a test to see if it was worth migrating. So far, it's a resounding no. The error message I got initially mentioned that I should open a ticket. I opened a ticket and was told "go to the community for help" or pay for the upgraded version. Personally (and I'm sure others will feel the same way), if I'm having THIS much trouble starting a small instance (~4k nodes), why would I use Aura instead of using the server I already have running?

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online