cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Payload does not seem to be valid (JSON) data

jk05802
Node Link

Hello,

I tried to use the below command and have been getting the Payload doesn't seem to be valid (JSON) data error message.

jk05802_1-1668216388074.png

But when used just the match statement, I could fetch the data.

jk05802_0-1668215305921.png

Could someone help me on this please?

Thanks,

Jashwanth

#neosemantics #post #rdf #schema

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The error is indicating the payload is not proper json.  The manual states that the payload is a json map with up to four keys. the first is the cypher query, whose key is ‘cypher’. It looks like you are missing this key in your payload. Insert “cypher” before the semicolon that is in front of your cypher.  The renaming three parameters look optional. 

2F040E21-5A71-42C9-B243-D9E110EADA9D.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The error is indicating the payload is not proper json.  The manual states that the payload is a json map with up to four keys. the first is the cypher query, whose key is ‘cypher’. It looks like you are missing this key in your payload. Insert “cypher” before the semicolon that is in front of your cypher.  The renaming three parameters look optional. 

2F040E21-5A71-42C9-B243-D9E110EADA9D.png

Thank you so much!!!!

This one worked.

:POST http://localhost:11004/rdf/neo4j/cypher {"cypher": "MATCH (n: Artist { name: 'John Lennon'}) return n"}